ACDC 2022 Convention

 Got to participate in 2 learn to play games on Friday. The first was LnL Pacific scenario Raid on Taivu. 

Unfortunately, I did not do a save game but below is the map.


We only got thru a few turns since I was learning the game. In the end, my Raiders had got off the beach and across the first road and right before the Bldg/Huts in the top left corner. There was one more map to the north and 7 turns left when time ran out - but great fun.

The second game I got to play to learn was World at War 85. Again we got thru part of the turns before time ran out. First I had a column of Czech T-55am coming down from the far-right northern road. This initially drew the defenders Leopards and an ATGM unit. I started w/10 platoons - ended with 3 platoons while only eliminating one Leopard platoon. Not looking good.

But then my Inf/Eng column came down the field road (limited visibility for defenders). The remaining Leopards shifting to block this road, but maybe a bit too close. My Inf/Enf units were able to deploy and ultimately assault the Leopards in the woods and wipe them out. Amazing how this game can swing in a moment - and there was still half of the game left but again we ran out of time.


Again a great time.

Finally, I was able to catch a number of seminars live and recorded. An excellent online convention, I only wish I had more time to try other play-to-learn games.

Good job to the convention organizers (Armchair Dragoons, etc.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveller Scout Campaign Ep12 - First Contact!

Traveller Scout Campaign Ep8 - Strange New World... and Object.

Traveller Solo Scout Campaign Ep 1-4 - Not off to a good start...