OSG Library of Napoleonic Battles - the journey begins...

OSG's Library of Napoleonic Battles - it's time to learn the system.

I picked up a few intro games (single battles) over the past few years but never played any of them. A few months ago I was looking at/reminiscing over the old SPI Napoleon's Last Battles. I reviewed the Decision Games remakes - I had actually made a VASSAL module for them of the 2nd Edition a year ago. This lead me to OSG and Kevin Zucker and I decided if I was going to get into the series I should start with the 'latest'.

https://napoleongames.com/pages/library-of-napoleonic-battles

This was about the end of last year and OSG was having a sale and I picked up Napoleon's Last Gamble (NLG - Waterloo Battles) and Napoleon against Russia (NaR). This should be enough battles combined with my 2 intro battles to keep me busy. I also had invested in a number of computer Napoleonic Battles from JTS/WDS which I may start playing in parallel - although these are at a more tactical level. 

https://wargameds.com/collections/napoleonic-battles

Finally, I would need reading material because the Napoleonic era is currently a weak area for my military history knowledge. I understand The Campaigns of Napoleon by Chandler is one of the classics for the period:

https://www.amazon.com/Campaigns-Napoleon-David-G-Chandler/dp/0025236601

Now I just need books covering the individual battles as I play them. I am starting with the smallest scenario in NLG - Quatre Bras - to slowly learn the system. I am recording my journey on YouTube, taking the time to work through the rules at the same time as I play. I am not using hidden pieces. vedettes, or cards for this first play learning play through.

Here is the link to the first YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/ua4-QzQ_aWc

Here is the situation at the end of the first French movement:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveller Scout Campaign Ep12 - First Contact!

Traveller Scout Campaign Ep8 - Strange New World... and Object.

Traveller Solo Scout Campaign Ep 1-4 - Not off to a good start...