OSG's Library of Napoleonic Battles - it's time to learn the system. I picked up a few intro games (single battles) over the past few years but never played any of them. A few months ago I was looking at/reminiscing over the old SPI Napoleon's Last Battles. I reviewed the Decision Games remakes - I had actually made a VASSAL module for them of the 2nd Edition a year ago. This lead me to OSG and Kevin Zucker and I decided if I was going to get into the series I should start with the 'latest'. https://napoleongames.com/pages/library-of-napoleonic-battles This was about the end of last year and OSG was having a sale and I picked up Napoleon's Last Gamble (NLG - Waterloo Battles) and Napoleon against Russia (NaR). This should be enough battles combined with my 2 intro battles to keep me busy. I also had invested in a number of computer Napoleonic Battles from JTS/WDS which I may start playing in parallel - although these are at a more tactical level. https://wargam...
I am resuming a playthru I started a little over a year ago of Microgame Design Group's NATO 1961 game: http://microgamedesigngroup.com/N61.html From the game's website: "NATO 1961 is a simulation of the potential for war in Germany, covering events that could have led to World War Three. Players assume the roles of President John F. Kennedy and the NATO powers or Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev and the Warsaw Pact general staffs. Confronted with the crisis, players can manage the conflict at a limited level or escalate it to a full-out nuclear war between the Superpowers." The game uses the escalation system that is used in MDG/Kerry Anderson's other games during the Cold War - Korea and Cuban Missile Crisis. The system adds 2 more developed phases/mechanics normally not explored in detail in other WW3 games. The first is an extensive pre-war period starting with the crisis in Berlin in early 1961. East German refugees were streaming into the west through West ...
Just joined another online/PBEM game of Buffalo Wings II refereed by the man himself, JD Webster. Total of 6 relatively new players so a learning scenario. The scenario is 6 Finnish Fiat G.50's chasing a group of 9 Soviet SB2 bombers that just attacked their base. The players are flying the 6 Fiats chasing the SB2's flown by JD. While it may seem like a turkey shoot - my I-16 in a previous game was shot down by defensive fire of these same type of bombers. In the image below my leader (F1-Lead) has moved and as one of his wingmen, I am matching his move. F3 is the other member of our flight and has not moved. F4-Lead is part of the other flight of 3 Fiats, the other 2 are off-map to the NW. Need to do this run not too fast and overshoot, or too slow and get chewed up in the defensive fire. Just going to follow the lead for now.
Comments
Post a Comment